Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Day 46: Community Quarantine


    FULL TANK- I gassed up the motorcycle and I was surprised that a hundred pesos worth of gasoline filled up the tank, almost over flowing. Pre covid days, a hundred peso fills just about half the tank.
 
  ACACIA FLOWERS- During rainy seasons the fallen acacia flowers and seed pods  on highway 2000 mixes with road dust and soil decomposes into loamy soil. It is loose and do not compact which allows the plants roots to breathe and grow easily. Ideal for potting when mixed with soil and other organic materials. 
   I am collecting some now that I will mix with the dried canal sludge  that the  neighbors left at the gate after their clean up.
    One thing though, after a few days,  acacia saplings sprouts everywhere.
   PROFESSIONALS -  Once a pupil asked me what I was doing collecting empty water bottles in a pile of trash, I told him off hand that I sell junks (kalakal) to augment my income as a teacher. He gave me a laugh and walked off.
    I sometimes wonder what people who knew me as a teacher would think of me when they see me collecting dirt and rocks on the side of the road, or on my knees digging up tree stumps, or on dump rummaging through trash.
  I remember my former school head reminding us teachers that we should always dress well and look presentable even out side the school. We are professionals look and act like one. We should always be found prim, proper and respectable anywhere and everywhere. 
  And to that I say! Hmmmm...ciao!
   BANANA- What are we going to eat? There are just three of us and because I eat less now, so does my wife and my daughter, we accumulated left overs in the ref. 
   There's also the chicken, hotdogs, and hams, that I bought in case of emergency or lockdowns (the real one) that prevents people from going out for two weeks, which did not happen and may not happen at all. These processed food must be also consumed little by little.
   I told my wife that we have to eat the left overs before they spoil. No cooking for today, it's reheating time. 
   I bought bananas for snacks.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...