Friday, April 24, 2020

Day 41: Community Quarantine


    END OR EXTEND- This is the 41st day of the quarantine and 39th day of the ECQ. Like everybody else, I am waiting for the president's announcement whether the lockdown will be lifted, extended or modified. 
  It is a difficult decision to make and whether we love or hate the president, let's hope and pray that he will make the decision based on well thought of counsels that will best put the health and welfare of the 100 M+ Filipinos above all no matter how unpopular his decision maybe. 
  ( My rheumatic knee is telling me that it will be extended. The knee has never been wrong)

   FRUITS- Fruits are expensive. Bananas that sells for 50-70 pesos a kilo a few months ago now sells at 100-120 pesos. This is partly due to the fake news that bananas help fight covid.   Mangoes are even worse.  
   It's summer, the time of the year when fruits abound and prices evens out with the harvest. But the price has not gone down even after experts have disproved the banana-covid claims.
   I have not bought banana as a protest of sort. I don't even see a spike in demand to warrant the extortion. There are the papayas, singkamas, Indian mangoes, peanuts, etc. Lots to choose from.
    Anyway, people should eat less fruits due to its sugar contents.
    Here's to the vegetables.
    BEAUTIFUL HOUSE- This garbage dump used to be a beautiful house in our neighborhood. It's a classic bungalow with a landscaped yard and trees. The owners were well to do, good people.
    After the owners died and passed it on to one of the sons, it was neglected and later sold. But I suspect that the house is foreclosed by the bank because the owner fell into hard times. 
   The son and his wife are gamblers and I often see them playing mahjong, pusoy or bingo. Where there's gambling, they are there, which is not a good thing when you are running a business. From owning a business,  several vehicles, and a fish pond, they have lost their fortune and properties but at least they still have their family intact.
    I heard they are now living with the in-laws. Maybe they have learned their lessons and I hope that they'll be able to rebuild their business back from scratch, or maybe they already did. 
   I am going the best for them.
    EGG AND TUNA - My daughter craved for Graham mango cake (is that what it's called?). So, I went to the grocery to buy creamer, milk, crackers. Unfortunately (or fortunately), the grocery had no Graham crackers, out of stock. 
    Since I was already in the grocery and have waited in line for minutes, I took the time to buy some necessities, what I can afford.
    This is the second time I have bought a gallon of mayonnaise since the lockdown. We use it for salad dressing, condiments for sweet potato, and for bread spread. My wife have made ham and eggs, and eggs and tuna spread.  Now it's my turn to prepare egg and tuna spread.
   This is economical than buying spreads in small jars.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...