Saturday, April 04, 2020

DAY 21 (Community Quarantine)


     HAPPY BIRTHDAY-My daughter turned 21 today. Time flies so fast it seems like yesterday I was playing bass guitar with my kumpares in a birthday drinking session when my brother-in-law told me that my wife was already in labor and was going to the lying-in clinic. The show must go on, as the saying goes. We finished the song. My mother was fuming, so she personally went to fetch me. (Thanks mother)
    When I got home my wife  was already in the lying in clinic. I still reek of Ginebra San Miguel Gin when I met the doctor. 
     I thank God for having a wonderful and hard working daughter. (And a wonderful mother and wife, too) 
    By the way, stressed by the news about covid, Jesse deleted her FB app.

  
   TIME RELATIVITY- Why is it that when we get older time seems to go faster? 
    It's because we don't think of time linearly and as we get older, we think of time in proportion to how long we have been alive.  
     To a five year old girl who cannot wait to go outside on her own, a year is a fifth of her life. A ten year old boy who is excited about the next school year, year is tenth of his life.
     For adults who have passed their thirty, a year is is what? It's a day in a calendar. 
    And when you are in your forty's or fifty's, year is about a minute in an hour. 
    Time flows becomes faster as we grow older, always flowing into the past. 
    We cannot catch it.  
    Always live for the moment, the present.and enjoy it.   
     Stop wasting time ruing about the past or spoiling the present by thinking about things in the future that stressed the hell out of us, negative things that have not happened yet or may not happen at all.
    The past is behind. 
     Nothing can be changed. We are continually travelling to the future a millisecond at a time.
    There, we are all time travellers.
     TRELISS - I eat alugbati leaves fresh. I just pick, wash, and dip them in mayo or in bagoong. It's crunchy and not as slimy compared to cooked or steamed leaves. 
     I noticed that the vines are starting to creep on the ground. I don't use pesticides and one of the things I am concerned about are nematodes or worm larva that may find its way to the leaves from the soil, into the stomach.
    Of course, I wash them well and let stay in tap water for half an hour or so and with the amount of chlorine present in our tap that can actually kill gold fish (yes, I am a fish keeper and from experience this is true that is why there are  neutralizers on the market), I don't think any larvae could survive. 
      Also, the intense sun is drying and maturing the leaves early which lessens the probability of any slimy creatures surviving on it.
     But to make sure, I made treliss for them to keep them above ground, away from the soil.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...