Monday, April 20, 2020

Day 37: Community Quarantine


     NETFLIX MARATHON- I have been trying to avoid or at least minimize my time spent watching shows on Netflix because once I get hooked on a show, I can't help myself watching  a season or even a whole series in a day.


     I missed Game of Thrones and The Witcher's new season is still coming, so I browsed Netflix for something similar to the genre. I found The Last Kingdom, saw the pilot, and I was addicted.  
   I stopped only when my eyes couldn't take it anymore. I paused the series at 1:30 in the morning, eight episodes. So, I woke up with a throbbing head and watery eyes. I was late going into the market and my suki couldn't help herself from commenting about it. 
   I feel guilty spending hours watching shows on Netflix. Even after doing hours of gardening  My head keeps reminding me that time is running fast and I should have not spent it doing unproductive or useless things.
    I should have been doing something productive or artistic like practice the guitar, do sketch, read a book, watch educational video, etc. Of course, most of the time I just ignore the "conscience" and just plough on watching.
   Maybe, many people have this struggle too. 
   SLUDGE- My neighbors teamed up to clean our purok's drainage, which is always clogged because of plastic trash. This is laborious because our canal have heavy concrete covers. It takes two persons to open and lift them out and getting them back in place is even trickier.
    I gave them sacks to put the sludge in. 
    I collect the sacks of sludge, sun dry them, and then separate the plastic trash. When dried and cleaned, I mixed with it compost or dried leaves, it is a good planting medium for plants. 
   When removing the trash from the sludge, aside from the usual plastic trash, I find a lot of spoon and forks, playing cards, coins, and even rings, not  made from precious metals though. 
   A lot of things fall into the canals that is why  I see children and even adults groping and feeling the black, dirty, septic water searching for coins or jewelry.  Their efforts are usually rewarded with a few pesos and even, but rarely, jewelry. 
   Aside from being a health hazard, it stinks up the street that is why me or my neighbors chase them away.
   LOCKDOWN- News of the lockdown extension are being floated around on social and readitonal media. I think this is inevitable and people's mind are being conditioned for it. 
   Lockdown is not the solution to Covid and everybody should know that. Quaeantine suppresses and slows down the transmission of the virus, but it will not get rid of it only a vaccine will.
   Expect another extension.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...