Saturday, April 11, 2020

DAY 28: Community Quarantine


    HOW LONG, HOW LONG!
    MANGOES- I harvested Indian mangoes. The fruits are starting to turn yellow so I hooked two clumps of them. These mangoes are best eaten when the flesh is just starting to ripen.
    I like them ripe too at but when overriped they taste like medicine, vitamin c or orange flavored paracetamol or something like that.
    I expected a yellowish flesh based on the fruits' skin but when pared, they are very raw but not very sour, sour with just a little bit of  sweetness that does not make the face cringe and it's very crunchy too.
   I guess the fruits' yellowish skin are from  sun burn.

    LEAVES- I have a new motto with my diet which is from the father of medicine Hippocrates, "Let food be thy medicine, and let medicine be thy food." This makes sense because what is killing most people today are lifestyle diseases which stems from eating the wrong food and lack of physical exercise. If food can make you sick, the same thing goes backward. (a+b=c, c=b+a) 
   (Really, what's with the algebra? I hate math.)
   I have been eating more leaves and other plant based food about 80 percent and very little to no rice at all. I eat rice maybe once or twice a week but not regularly. I have conditioned my mind into thinking that rice is sugar. Of course, I don't think that eating right can make me live longer for people die healthy or sick, what I am preventing is dependence on maintenance medicines.
   Anyways, I am now harvesting top leaves from the sweet potatoes I planted when the lockdown started. I also have a daily supply of alugbati and saluyot leaves. 
  One thing about saluyot, it is not long lived. I cut them to encourage the production of new stems leaves, they do but eventually they run out of energy and die. Good thing they produce a lot of seed pods. 
    I have transplanted the seedlings around the yard and it would take months before they are ready for harvest.
    SORE HANDS- I woke up with a painful right hand. I could barely grip anything. It feels like rheumatism but usually my rheumatism attacked the knee or the ankle. I do experience some pain in the hands but it's from playing the guitar (the reason, maybe another post).
   Then I remember I sawed off water bottles using a hacksaw blade. It took me an hour of continuous and repetitive motions. 
   Gripping the blade must have over used the muscles in my right hand resulting in the built up of lactic acid or what ever it is that causes soreness and pain to over used muscles.
    The sawed off bottles are for my lettuce seedlings.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...