Monday, April 06, 2020

DAY 23: Community Lockdown


     LOCKDOWN AGAIN- The Rizal Provincial Government declared its own lockdown effective April 6, Monday, today. 
    As what has become the norm whenever lockdown is declared, or even just the threat of it, there are rumors  that groceries, public markets and stores will be closed resulting to panic buying.

     (My conspiracy theorizing evil twin sometimes think that it is the grocery owners who float these rumors around on social media to benefit from the rush sale.)
    But no matter how the authorities explain that no stores will be closed, falls on deaf ears.
   How many lockdowns have we had:
      1. NCR Community Quarantine
      2. Luzon wide CQ
      3. Luzon Enhanced CQ, two days after LCQ
      4. Municipal ECQ
      5. Barangay ECQ
      6. Provincial ECQ
     (To a pusoy player, this order of things is called a pao. The player loses by default.)
     I wonder why it is only now that the province declared its own lockdown.
     Since there's already a  Luzon wide ECQ, and each municipalities has declared its own ECQ down to the barangay level, and each unit already has mechanisms and people working on the ground, what are the additional restrictions that can be put on top of what is already in place? Are there additonal help coming from the provincial government that comes along with the declaration?
      Or is the provincial lockdown superfluous? 
      RAZOR SHARP- It was my wife who helped with shaving my head. I borrowed my brother's electric razor. But since we didn't know how it's done, and things did not go well as what I expected it to be, we gave up and asked our hair cutter neighbor to finish it up by shaving my head. Quarantine protocols observed, of course.
     BUCIDA ESPINOZA- I bought this bucida or dwarf olive for 50 pesos about 5 years ago. It is about 4 inches tall then. It's a good bonsai material because it has naturally small leaves. Most trees have big leaves but produced small ones when confined in a pot. 
     I wired the trunk to cascade style. One thing to keep in mind with a cascade bonsai is to keep trimming the upper branches to direct the energy and nutrients going down to the cascading trunk and branches.
    Once the top branches are allowed to go uncontrolled, the energy and nutrients naturally go up to help the tree grow tall and catch the most sun. The cascading branches will be deprived and eventually die. 
     Cascading trunks naturally happen when the tree is planted on the moutain side and gravity wins over the natural tendency to grow upward
This is what cascading bonsai is imitating. 
     Unfortunately, bucida roots are sensitive and do not like to be exposed when repotting. I have killed two because of this ignorance.
     So, to be safe, I broke the trainer pot.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...