Saturday, April 18, 2020

Day 35: Community Quarantine


   PAPAYA- A papaya tree is starting to bloom. I am excited to see buds of fruits coming out but it is still too early, maybe a few more months.
    I have fifteen trees that I have transplanted from the saplings scattered around the lot. Many are still growing under the windows, where I throw the seeds after eating, but I don't have enough space to plant them.     
    The papaya trees are healthy and robust unlike what when they are not transplanted, wild they turned yellow and died. 
  I found out that the saplings have better chances of survival if they are transplanted at three quarter of the trunk's depth into the soil. 
   VEGES- I  don't really need to buy seeds. All I have to do is to look carefully around the lot and there are tomatoes, papayas, pumpkin, eggplants etc. seedlings growing everywhere.
   This is from the habit of throwing seeds out of the window. May take a long time but eventually many will germinate.

  
   LOCKDOWN, AGAIN?- I wake up early and go to Ricarte Market to avoid the crowd. Since the confirmation of a covid positive case here there are rumors that the street will be put on a lockdown (how many lockdowns are there?), another new curfew hours will be enforced (there is technically no more curfew since a lockdown is a 24 hour curfew) and a more restrictive enforcement of the quarantine is to be expected.
    There are covid task force volunteers at the entrance check point  of Ricarte. I also see that not everyone is wearing facemask especially some of the vendors when it is empathically announced on national TV that all must wear facemask especially when they are out in public places.
   No matter how many levels of lockdowns and curfews are enforced if simple rules like wearing a facemask and social distancing are not observed, all efforts are doomed to fail. Don't go blaming the government when people do not do their part. 
     The graded response to local covid transmission is like allowing a thief to escape from a lightly guarded jail, and when he is out,  the jailwarden put more guards on duty to prevent it from happening again. Frustrating.
    This is nothing but a rerun and it is getting nowhere.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...