Monday, April 13, 2020

DAY 30: Community Quarantine


    LUMPIA WRAPPER- It was tedious work separating lumpia wrappers from each other. It took me almost an hour to do. It was a painfully slow process and I had to be very careful lest I tore up the thin waferlike sheets making them useless. 
    I was so into it that it started to mesmerize me. Time stopped, surrounding was frozen, no stimuli, I was isolated in a pocket universe of some sort, a state of transcendental meditation. Amazing! 
   That is until my saliva dripped out from my lower lip and dropped into the wrappers.
   Anyway, maybe this also happens to  vendors especially the ambulant ones when they are wrapping their toge, Shanghai, or turon.
   I mean not all of course, but it does make me think.

     PATUKA- I was buying pandesal when a guy stopped by the next stall. He looked at the display shelves and seeing it was empty of grains asked the attendant if there were feeds available. He got a negative shake of the head.
   I could see the concern on his face. 
   I don't generally like people who keep fighting cocks. I can't understand what pleasure they get in seeing the animal they spent time and money for getting hurt or killed in. 
   If they would only add up the feeds, vitamins, manhours of tending and protecting their animal (money and emotional investments) versus the few thousand pesos in winnings i.e. if they win,  they would still be in deficit.
   Again, to each his own. 
   But the guy had my sympathy, his animal should not go hungry.
    COFFEE- I am running out of ground coffee. The Baguio coffee given by my dear sister will last at least a week. Before the lockdown, I ordered a kilo of robusta from lazada but the order never came.
   But I am not complaining, it is just coffee. I could live without it. I should be thankful I have food, health, etc.. It's just that...
    EXTENDED- Tomorrow should have been the last day of quarantine but it was extended. I don't see it ending on April 30. 
   Firstly, the mass testing has not happened yet.
   Secondly, the figures are still low, it has not reached the top of the curve yet.
   Thirdly, the undetected and unreported cases could be (or is) higher than the actual reported figure.
   I don't see freedom until there's a vaccine.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...