Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Day 45: Community Quarantine


    RAPPLER PROBLEM - A foreigner spewing expletives to a police officer went viral on social media. The altercation started when a group of quarantine enforcers cited and fined a maid for not wearing facemask, a city ordinance, while watering the plants. 
   I for one thought that the police had over reacted. The facemask ordinance is in relation to social distancing. The idea is to avoid spreading or contracting the virus.
  The maid was watering the plants within her employer's property with no other person present with in the area. To whom could she passed or to whom could she contract the virus, from plants?  Taking into consideration the spirit of the ordinance and with common sense, wearing a facemask is unnecessary in this circumstance.  A reminder from the officers should have been enough. 
   Both parties would be filing charges and counter charges for an infraction that could have ended well if the foreigner was not drunk and did not verbally attacked the quarantine enforcers.

   Anyway, my issue is not with what happened. My issue is with RAPPLER. How it presented the confrontation.
   Did the police officers assaulted the foreigner or did the foreigner resisted arrest?
   Assault is a poor choice of word because it means intentionally causing someone physical harm. 
  Resisting arrest on the other hand is struggling to free oneself against restraint. When a person struggles or fights back, naturally the police officer must subdue the suspect to enforce the arrest as dictated by circumstances. 
   Which is which?
   Rappler is bad. There are better news organizations that presents news with objectivity. 
   FINALLY- I was able to complete the ingredient for a Graham mango cake. There are still no Nestle cream in groceries, and wonders of wonders I was able get two from a sari-sari store recommended by an FB friend. 
  BONSAI- One advantage of having many hobbies is that I have a lot things to do with my time productively or artistically, as if I am an artist.
  I rewired some of my bonsai materials to avoid scars. 
  Bonsai tools are expensive especially imported signature Japanese brands. But since I don't have that money, and even if I have I would not spend it on them, I use common garden shear.
   I have been doing bonsai for eight years without any proper tools. I have been dreaming of owning a bonsai tool set but the cheapest quality brand cost around 12 thousand pesos. Affordable but not practical at my salary grade.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...