Sunday, April 26, 2020

Day 43: Community Quarantine


    XPUPILS- I was out hunting for Graham crackers yesterday. I found boxes of it. The problem was Nestle creamers were out of stock. Most of the shelves were not empty but they were not well stocked.
    I had been to two grocery stores when I gave up. Chances are, all the store are also out of it.  
   Our cravings for Mango Graham cake will never satiated, sadly.
    I was asking a merchandiser when he called me sir. It's usual for grocery personnel to call their customers sir or madam, nothing unusual. But the sir was followed by a question, "are you still teaching at TES sir George?" 
    "Oh", I said. "You studied there?"
    "Yes, sir"' he replied.
     I waved, smiled and left. I hope he saw the smile in my eyes since I wore a face mask. 
    There are two kind of former pupils, those who approach, acknowledge and even bow to their teachers to pay respect and there are those who ignore and even avoid us. 
    Hundreds of pupils pass  through my classes each year and it's impossible to remember all of them, even a fraction of them. 
   But being smiled at, waved at, asked about even if I couldnt remember their face or name feels nice, never fails to make my day.   
   MOUSE TRAP- .These pesky rodents keep coming back and to think there are a lot of stray cats that sleep on our roof and in the bodega. I think cats have stopped becoming hunters instead they turned to scavenging.    
   They have lost their hunting skills  and as each generation of felines are born into urban areas, they either become lazy house pets or hardworking thieves.
   Not that I hate cats, I just hope they do their jobs well, like dogs do.
   LAST KINGDOM- Finished the third season of Last Kingdom last night. I hope season four will be different because King Alfred and most of the antagonists are already dead.  
    Again, I woke up late because I slept late, already morning in fact. I felt like I'm floating.   
    What I hate the most after a netflix marathon is that I feel lazy the next morning, lack of sleep. It's like a hang over. 
    MANGO- Harvested the Indian mangoes. Blah, blah, blah...and the lockdown is extended.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...