Thursday, April 23, 2020

Day 40: Community Quarantine


     SHOOTING- I saw a video of a policemen shooting dead a citizen who refused to obey the order to stay down, resisted arrest, and at the same time acted as if he was drawing a gun.
    Seen from the outside and, away from it all, in the safety of home, it is easy to draw conclusions and condemn the policeman for killing an unarmed man that allegedly suffered from PTSD or war shock.
   But when a person acted as if he is drawing a gun at you, it is fight or flight. 
    What does a person do when faced with this scenario?
    1. Run away- preserve your life
    2. Fight- preserve your life
  It is a split second decision and it does not give time to ask whether the person is armed, unarmed, sane or sick. The threat to life is imminent. It's the instinct and the training that kicked in.
    It's easy to feel for the person at the receiving end a gun, but try to be in the shoe of the person behind the gun
    What the officer did is still killing and he will be answerable for it, but there are mitigating circumstances that may say otherwise. 

   LAING- Finally done cooking Laing. This is one of my favorite Filipino dishes. I love it whether it is cooked with ground pork, dried anchovies, smoked fish, dried fish, etc. It doesn't matter. 

    When I cook laing, I used pure coconut milk or kakang gata all the time. I dont use secondary coconut milk, which came from the second pressing of the coconut meat and it is dilluted with water.
   Laing is one of those foods that gets better every time it is heated. This is especially true when pure coconut milk is used because it turns into oil which gives it that distinct sweet and coconutty taste.
    INNARDS- I bought a kilo of pigs innards for our dogs. This is cheaper than pork, chicken liver, and dog food.  
   I cook it adobo so that it will last without spoiling in the ref. Added with rice, which our dogs consume more than us, this will feed Jaya and Koko for about a week. 
   TSHIRTS- This is what I like about this particular brand of t-shirt, biodegradable. It's made from cotton. It breathes. 

   I have tried shirts made from  polyester or other synthetic fabric and they are hot, they trap the heat inside especially printed ones. I have since got rid of them by giving them away or turning them into rugs, even the recently bought. 
   That is why 99 percent of the time I wear white shirts even when it is full of holes. The more holes, more air, the better, it's all about comfort.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...