Sunday, April 12, 2020

DAY 29- Community Quarantine


    HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE- It was drizzling and the air was cool. I was reflecting about Easter, thinking about it's message, it's significance to believers of all colors and flavors when my train of thought was interrupted by my neighbor's over amplified sound system blaring out jukebox hits from my childhood days. Poof, my theological reflections was replaced by the desire to do something unholy for the occasion. 
    But it's Easter, the day when Jesus rose from the dead so that those who believe in him shall not perish but have an everlasting life. (Jn 3:16). So, love one another, including neighbors with bad stereos. 

    GLASSES- I didn't notice that the right nose pad of my glasses was missing.  The screw must have rusted and got loose. 
   I do not check my glasses, I just put them on first thing in the morning. It was only yesterday, when I felt a stinging sensation on the bridge of my nose that I realized that the pad stand was already biting into the skin. 
   It's uncomfortable and it's starting to itch, so I went to the optical shop to have my glasses fixed. Unfortunately the shop was closed for the duration of the lockdown according to the by stander sitting on the shop's step.
  Luckily my wife had old glasses that she kept. I cannibalized the nose pad and had it installed on my glasses. The only thing was, it's of different size and color, but it's unnoticeable and aesthetics was the last thing on my mind.
   I don't know how people with broken, missing, or with lenses that needs replacing could cope with their daily activities since optical shops are closed. 
   It's difficult for me since I am only 50- short of being legally visually disabled.
   Blurred as hell.
    COFFEE GROUND- I am adding used ground coffee in my soil mixture. One thing I noticed about ground coffee is that it is susceptible to molds which can be dangerous to the roots of the plants.  
    POBLACION TO SCHOOL- Since I was already out, I took the time to ride around the poblacion. As usual, the lines going into the old public market is still getting longer. Though continually reminded by the LGUs covid task force personnels, people are oblivious. I think it's time for Taytay to arm it's enforcers with sticks and baton and adapt the Indian method, hit them on the legs.  
Passed by the school and it's on lockdown too.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...