Tuesday, April 14, 2020

DAY 31: Community Quarantine


    PLAY MISTY FOR ME-  I wake up at 4:30 to do the LIS update for my class, internet is fast at this hour.
   After, I put on my walking shoes and go to the old market to exercise and see how things are. 
    There are still no crowd so I enter the old market besides the Dolores Chapel but I am directed to Kalayaan Park, the new main entrance. I have second thoughts but since I have nothing to do, I lined up with the shoppers. 
   The move to Kalayaan park is good because it removes the queue off the sun, vehicles, and pedestrians into a well shaded and well ventilated area. 
    The taskforce people ask for two IDs. I am afraid that since I am still 20 kilos overweight and still have hair in the picture,  I may not be allowed entrance. The volunteers just looked at the IDs and let me in.

    I am curious about the misting tent, how it works. I enter the tent and get through it fast a couple of seconds. The water spray smells like tap water, must the chlorine. It is cool inside but I feel the mist did not even touch my skin.
   I don't know if a 3-5 second exposure to the mist is enough to kill viruses. I mean, doctors keep telling us to wash our hands with antibacterial soap for 20 seconds to ensure proper disinfection, and a mere 3-5 second pass through a misting tent is enough to do it whole body, I don't think so. 
   The DoH us even discouraging its use. I guess it's more for psychological benefit of than a cliinical one.
   SUMAN- I am craving for native sweets. The picture of Mayor Nieto giving away donated Aling Kika's bibingka triggered my sweet tooth. 
   I buy six pieces of cassava suman and three pairs of mag-asawang suman. This is enough to appease my, together with mygirls, cravings for the week or so. I hope.
   I avoid sugar, at least the obvious ones, as much as possible but I don't want to deprive myself and my girls the pleasure of having some as long as it is not frequent and with the right interval before the next ones.
    MONTH- It's been 31 days of community quarantine and 29 days of enhanced community quarantine. I am afraid the uncertainty is getting on people's nerves. Yesterday some of my neighbors are congregating besides our gate talking about the way relief goods are being distributed. 
    The system is confusing. They are informed that relief would be coming to their homes only to find out that they need to line up at the sitio hall.  
    They are also complaining that the volunteer barangay covid taskforce "frontliners" are also the frontliners when it comes to the distribution and they have suspicion that these volunteers may be getting more than their fair share of the food aid coming from the LGU. This is what I hear but I don't know if it is true.
   Personally, I have listed my name's to so many lists but no help came except that two that came last month.
   I am not complaining because we can still survive but sometimes I feel like I am cheated of my rights as a productive, tax paying, and law abiding citizen. 
   Just a feeling.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...