Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Day 18 (Community Quarantine)


     SITIO- The sitio now has its own check point, a bit late but it's better than none. All the other exits and entrances are blocked except for the main one. There is also a disinfefting wet foam. I guess this is a reaction to an FB post from Italy warning people not to bring their shoes inside the house because it can carry the virus.

    ALCOHOL- There are alcohols sold in the old public market. Its in one liter water bottles, repackaged obviously. I don't know if these are industrial alcohol or if they are genuine products.
    I am not suggesting that this could be repacked donated alcohol from the LGUs which some enterprising personnels have managed to slip out. The thought never entered my mind.
   CREEK-It seems even creeks are benefitting from the lockdown. Though the water is still black and septic it is less so now and there are less plastics bags floating. It is flowing smoothly, relaxed.
   MARKET- Its been five days since l have been to the old market. There are no more line of people but there are personnels that thermal scan shoppers and spray alcohol on the hands. Most people wear masks and are observing social distancing but still the density is not ideal.
    I bought eggs. It is a better alternative to processed food, has a good shelf life and does not contain preservative, except traces of meds and antibiotics used in the farm. Of course the ideal eggs are those that came from free range chickens, but still these mass produced eggs are lesser evil compared to "double dead" preserved meat products.
    Eggs have bad reputation because of cholestero but studies have shown that eating eggs is not bad for the health in fact some fitness guru put obese people on an egg diet to help reduce weight, which I think no one should do, this is extreme (I am not a fan of keto, my rule is MOVABA, moderation, variety, balance.).  
    An egg or two everyday is good for the body. It is a good source of protein. It also has one of the highest anabolic effect (tissue and muscle building) next only to breast milk.  
(Check Dr. Bergs video about eggs on YouTube. https://youtu.be/FH8RsqjlS2o)
     HMMMM...Do all these government officials really have COVID or is this some sort of propaganda to stress to the citizens of the republic the urgency of the crisis.
      Or it could be a way for some officials to  get sympathies and to cover up their bo bo and wo wos.
      I mean except for Koko who I think forgot about the script when his wife delivered a baby,  the numbers and the cases are highly suspect, by me.  
Hmmmm.... naughty me.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...