Monday, May 11, 2020

DAY 58- Community Quarantine

     EXTENSION- There are signs that the IATF may be lifting the ECQ in selected areas. I am not an expert if I may say, but the way our countrymen are breaking every guidelines of the quarantine, might as well lift the ECQ and allow herd immunity to take it's course. 
    Also, I am starting to worry about the mental effect of confinement. I am well adjusted to being in the house all the time but I have a few square meters of lot space to work around with. But I am also starting to feel the weight the restrictions how much more to the families who are literally imprisoned in their solitary cell like houses. (I am also worried that the laughter I hear from around the neighborhood is starting to remind me of Dolores Clairborne).
 
 
  I am not denigrating anyone, but a family of six living in a 3 square meter tin house is torture, torture worse than the one they did to Rambo.
   Money is running out, and soon the balancing act of health vs economy will tip in the latter's favor.
    VLOG- I am into vlogging now. This is an activity I started a few days ago as a sort of training for the incoming hybrid classes for the coming school year on August 24.
    I don't know if my online communication skill is improving, but at least I am getting used to talking to a gadget. My eye contact is also getting better which is essential since I need to establish rapport with my pupils.
   Establishing rapport  in the physical classroom is very challenging how much more in an online class. 
    BOREDOM- Being bored is an activity I am good at. When I am thinking about nothing, that's the time I get think about something. A bit paradoxical, but that's just how my head works. 
   After high school and a few years bumming and drinking, I got into the guitar, tried my hands on keyboards (but did not get pass the basic chords becuase I have no keys), read a lot of books, dabbled into philosophy and theology, which I find too abstract for my limited English comprehension but I did get to learn a lot; kept aquariums, gardening, etc.
   I think I spend more time on hobbies than on anything else productive. 
   But at my age now, I realized the benefits of keeping hobbies. It keeps me busy physically and mentally.
   I dug a shallow at the back of the house where I get water for the plants and the daily routine of walking from the well to get water into each individual plant is a good cardio work out.
    Segregating plastic from the soil.
    Tilling the soil and dirtring my finger nails in the process sometime make me think about nature, etc.
   I mean, keeping hobbies forced my mind to meander into lots of subjects. It keeps me aways from thinking about heavy and sometime depressing thoughts that could lead into the abyss.  
  So, I don't know if I will be able to continue my logs, video and text, becuase my head would be occupied with work, but, I will try.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...