Thursday, May 14, 2020

DAY 61: Community Quarantine


     ECASH- I am not a techie guy. I think I have gone passed having the childlike  wonder and awe to gadgets and techs. I am into living things like plants, fish, and dog, just my dog.
    Yesterday I used e-cash from an e-wallet. I downloaded the app and put funds in it using a 7/11 kiosk. I think I have watched three video tutorials on how to do it. But at the store, I asked the cashier for help just to be sure I did it right. It was a cinch.
 
    When I was paying bills on my celphone, a message popped up telling me that I have to verify my account. I need to go through a verification process, and  taking picture valid ID, having my selfie taken, and filling up a form.
   I got the verifications, paid all the bills. This is convenient but I still am not used to transferring invisible money using invisible energy. I mean, what if they get lost in the transmission. 
   Lol, low tech me.   
    APPEALING TO EMOTIONS- An appeal to emotion ("argument from passion") is a logical fallacy characterized by the manipulation of the recipient's emotions in order to win an argument, especially in the absence of factual evidence.  
    ABS-CBN is paying actors and actresses (technically since they are employees if the network) to mainipulate the people's emotions into snowballing support against the NTC's cease and desist order.
     I think the networks lawyers know their case is lost and since they cannot bend logic, they attack the peoples emotions no instead.
     Three former justices have given their opinion based on the laws and the cases they have worked on and penned decisions to.

   1. Retired Justice Noel Tijam:
 "SC decision in the past is clear.
“Only Congress can grant a franchise.
“The NTC cannot extend an expired franchise and cannot issue a provisional authority to operate.

   2.  Retired Chief Justice Renato Puno:

"Itong ABS-CBN, if franchise expires, cannot get itfrom the National Telecommunications Commission the authority to operate after the expiration of the franchise."

   3.  Retired Justice Antonio Carpio: 

"I don’t think that the House or committee of the  has the authority to compel NTC to issue a provisional authority...there's separation of powers"

    Again, I'm pro sanity. The network is paying for what they have done in the past election. This is what it's all about. It's a reckoning. The speaker is talking about giving the network a 6 months provisionary franchise the reason is to give time for congress to straighten out legal issues haunting ABS.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...