Saturday, May 02, 2020

DAY 49: Community Quarantine


   TEACHER'S HAIR - Out of boredom, I posted a question on a teachers FB group asking if it is allowed for male teachers to sport long hair. 
   There were a lot of opinions shared from the traditional, religious, and the humorous. But judging from the comments, most teachers opined that male teachers should have short hair.
    Here are some of the opinions of the anti long hair:
     1. Because they are role models to the sutdents and students are required to have short hair. (This is something that I think have no clear legal basis. Teachers have been reprimanded for cutting students hair to force them to wear short crop hair. So the right of the student to education is above all, even haircuts.)
   2. It's in the code of ethics and guidelines of teachers. (This is the often said but when asked about the specific text, no one can provide it.)
    3. Slippery slope. Allowing male teachers to sport long hair will page the way for cross dressers in the classroom.
   4. Homophobia. 
   For the liberal pro long hair, here are the main points.
   1. It is not important as long as the teacher looks well and it complements good grooming.
   2. It is the competency of the teachers that is important.
  3. Gender awareness and development allows it.
  4. There is no clear cut and specific prohibition of it. (I think if there is one, there will be no discussion.)
   Anyway, what is you opinion?


   WIFI- We are sharing Wi-Fi with my brother next door, but since my daughter is now working from home, she needs a dedicated wifi for her PC, which she brought home form the office. Shared wifi slows down as the data allowance is consumed. I talked to an agent and had it installed yesterday. It's ok as long as my daughter is paying for it.
    KITES- I was lying down in the hammock, looking up, when I noticed kites trapped in the branches of the duhat trees. 
   The back of our house used to be a rice field and every summer, after rice harvest, I was there flying kites of many sizes from the small saranggola to the large guryon. 
   Now, not an inch was left of the rice field. It's a congested residential area occupied by informal settlers protected by local politicians. 
   There are no more open space and children (and adults) are left with flying their kites on the roof.
   I guess flying kites on the roof it have its own excitement because I can hear flyers taunt each other as they engage in kite battles.
   I pity the people under the tin roof though. The noise, dust and rust falling down as the children jump up and down in excitement must be excruciating to the senses. 
   MANGOES-  blah, blah, blah, blah,

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...