Tuesday, October 03, 2006

That Strange Feeling

This was how it felt,
And I’m telling you I didn’t add more or take less
For this was indescribable and only a full story
Is what would do justice and nothing less
After I swallowed the bitter medicine, and drank my cup of water
I suddenly felt ticklish like a feather was in my underwear
I felt altitude as if riding on a Ferris wheel
Going down, from up, exhilaration was what I felt
The tickling was unbelievable and my heart was murmuring
I dreaded seeing but I can’t help feeling
The butterflies in my stomach were fluttering,
And the bees in my heart were buzzing
Sitting, waiting, and my buttocks were itching,
Stand, walk, trot, and run to make time fleeting,
What’s more killing than my anxiety
To pull and see what was bothering me.
They were all there as far as I could tell
All my siblings, mother, father, and the neighbors as well
They were all expecting for something to happen
It’s like they’re waiting for the launching of Apollo eleven
At last I can’t take it no more, I cried out, Father, it is a fore’
A torn newspaper and baby oil, my father, pulled it a sure’
And I’m cutting this story short, for I don’t want to be gross
‘Cause what I’m here tellin’ was the effect of my first dose
Of that medicine called combantrin!
And I’m sure you know what Im tellin’
Yuck!
I wrote this poetry (if you can call it that) for the literary section of our school paper. I hope you…err… enjoy it.
I remember tatay with the pliers trying to scare the hell out of me.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...