Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Eratum and clarifications

I hope my ate Gie, my eldest sister, is not offended with my portrait if her as the human cat catapult in “My Eldest Sister and the Flying Cats”. Ate, I’m just having fun with my reminiscing and accuracy is the farthest thing in my mind. My ate is a Christian and she’s not an animal rights violator.
I just to make the clarification lest Regan and his gang sue my ate for not providing those cats survival equipments like parachutes and helmets.

I was pouring my emotion about how I hurt my daughter and how guilty I felt complete with the choking and the emotions…but when I reread the essay (which I seldom because I have this tendency to press the delete button and erase all my poorly written essays)… when “Depravity” caught my eyes, it should have been deprived Filipino children, deprived children not depraved…(George say it ten times, deprived, deprived, deprived, deprived…) I apologize. It destroyed the honesty and the emotion of how I felt that time. Anyways…I better start learning how to revise…a single letter and the whole thing becomes comical…better be careful because a single letter can mean a massacre—REMEMBER THE LESSON OF SHIBBOLETH!!!!!

Jdg 12:6 Then said they unto him, Say now Shibboleth: and he said Sibboleth: for he could not frame to pronounce it right. Then they took him, and slew him at the passages of Jordan: and there fell at that time of the Ephraimites forty and two thousand.

Deprived, deprived, deprived, deprived, deprived, deprived,…

My imagination is running wild. What if the kingdom of Cainta declared war on its neighboring municipality and provinces what word would it use to identify if you’re from Cainta….
“High Blood”

Then said the king of Cainta unto them (‘gotta be gender sensitive), Say now High Blood: and they said ‘igh blood” for they were from Pampanga, and the other said “high blar” for they were from Cardona, and the other said “he blud” for they were from the visayas, and the other said “alta presyon” for they were Chabacanos…Then they took them all and slew them and fed their bones to the janitor fish in the mighty river called the Pasig.
I mean, funny isn’t it?

1 comment:

Joey said...

REMEMBER THE LESSON OF SHIBBOLETH!!!!!

I really think this "shibboleth" story really strange... whatever, here in Thailand Filipinos don't have problem learning Thai words we can all pronounce their vowels and consonants.. try Burmese we can do that also, Chinese no problem!

But we're having problem with the tone. I thinks it was not only the pronunciation, i think it must be the tone!!!!

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...