Wednesday, October 18, 2006

pc blues

It is time I start writing manually.

My computer conked out. It is now time to practice writing manually. The thing is I have forgotten how to write in long hand. It’s been five days since I last touched my computer, and I’m getting irritable. My wife is starting to take pity on me. She told me to buy a new old used computer but I can’t; I need the money for my enrollment. I’m getting depressed. I can’t write anything if I’m not at home and the computer rental is killing me.
I am no stranger to withdrawal syndromes, I have experienced them before. I was once a chain smoker and a drinker, but through all those nonstop petitions made by my mother, siblings, and churchmates asking God to bring me back to the fold, the Lord made me stopped. I cold turkeyed both the drinking and the smoking. Quitting is the easiest thing to do; the most painful part is the psychological struggle of quitting. The symptoms I am experiencing now is very similar to what I experienced before, I think I’m suffering from computer withdrawal syndrome.

I’m restless. My fingers are always tapping on something. I can’t read because I can’t write. I’m having nightmares. I am developing ticks. I’m always thirsty.

I can’t wait till Friday. I think my wife is really happy because my PC conked out. I see dead people! Purple

Haze! I see Purple Haze! My daughter plans to kill me! I’m hallucinating.

I need to get my computer fixed.

2 comments:

Joey said...

so the old PC finally gave up the soul... :-). i'm worried if my laptop went dead, i really don't know what will i do. I hope i can also buy another desktop for everyday use. It's bad... when we are becoming enslaved of technology.

cheer up, you may have a new PC anytime now.

Anonymous said...

wat?! sira na! wahwhhehwahehas grabe naman sabagay luma na un wahehe

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...