Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sem Break



Our class held the first small laboratory daycare class for the neighboring barangays of Cainta where our campus is located. This was part of the teaching strategy curriculum for the University of Rizal System Cainta where I am on my junior year. Being the kuya and the daddy of the class, I was the natural choice to lead the program. I tried to desist and to resist from the burden and the responsibility (my classmates may think that I can do anything because I am old, but unknown to them I am easily stressed), but I can't. My young classmates can be very persuasive especially those cute little girls. The program lasted three months and a half and everybody got a chance to teach those makulit little children. My job as the leader was administrative, and in retrospect I am happy that I took the job because I experienced being a student principal even for just a few months.

The most difficult part of the program was the moving up ceremony we held last Oct. 13, 2006. My classmates were apprehensive because of the date, Friday the 13th. But the program went well. The experience has taught me a lot especially about the possibilities of ministering to the children. Education especially children education is the best mission field.

I was a little worried about my course-elementary education--many consider the course way below the prestige scale and intellectual level blah, blah, blah... The choice for the course was one of those economic decisions. I enrolled the course because it offered the best possibiltiy for an old student like me. There so few elementary education teachers in the Philippines. (In my class of forty' there are only five males and four men.) Well, anyway, talking about my college course, who knows di ba? Humble as it may seem, but the possibilities for the ministry is great.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...