Saturday, March 21, 2020

Day 7 (Community Quarantine)


      NO WALK-My two girls are concerned that my daily walk to the market raises the probability of me contracting COVID. I am tempted to argue, but I held back. Argument is bad especially when we are trapped together in an enclosed space for many more days to come. To allay their fears, I opted to stay at home and go out less.
     I enjoy my daily walk. It is my favorite exercise because it does not feel like an exercise at all, it is effortless. We are bipods and our body is designed for it. 
     One of the benefits of walking for me is that it makes me think. During walks, I have this discussion with myself with topic that ranges from movies to bonsai, fish to theology, an eclectic accumulation of loose thoughts and ideas.  
     It is only during walking that my brain goes into gear to process them. I read that this is a form of intellectual masturbation but that should not mean it is bad. The mind needs stimulation and release too. Unless processed, these thoughts will linger in the head and pester for days, a cause for insomnia
     I believe this is normal and all experience this. People just have different ways of dealing with this, processed internally (introspection),  externally (talking to people), or  drowning it out, which I think is unhealthy. 
      Anyway, I am not a psych major hmmmm more of a psycho.
     WATER- Almost half of the water we consume goes to watering the plants. I have a lot of plants and it is costing me. So, I dug a hole in the backyard where water seeps in. I get enough to water house plants except for the developed bonsai and the edible plants.

     QUARANTINE- I will be at home for two to three days and though I enjoy solitude more than company, I think I'll go crazy physically trapped in a confined space all the time.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...