Saturday, March 28, 2020

DAY 14 (Community Quarantine)


     DOGS AND POOP. It's been almost a month of idle time. 
    I am left with observing even the most mundane things like dogs pooping. For a long time I didn't mind dogs sniffing around looking for the ideal spot to defecate  on. It is weird but it is what it is. But when I released the dog this morning,  I began to think about it. There must a logical explanation for this. Dogs don't mark their territory with poop, they mark it with urine. Then why do they do it?
    Then I realized why. It is clever, really, when I think about it.
     1. They spread their poops to better the chances of people especially their owners (or humans) stepping on it.
      2. They don't want to poop on the same spot twice, they don't want fouled earth to squat on.
     3. They are fertilizing plants randomly.
     4. I am losing my marbles.
   SHAVED- I have been planning to let my hair grow long, but after flakes started to appear, due to summer heat and the stress, I guess, I dropped the idea. I am susceptible to dandruffs of the worst kind. It's the kind that sticks on the scalp, a crusty scab that I instinctively scratch with my nails til it bleeds. 
     It is only now that I see the scars.
     With long hair, I can only  imagine the dandruff, the flaking, the scabs, the bleeding, the neurotic uncontrollable scratching, and the sting of irritated, bleeding scalp when taking a bath, the cons far outweighs the pros for me.
     A shaved head on the other hand has lots of pros. 
    1. Economical: Save shampoos
     2. Cool and airy
     3. I like the serene look, reminds me of monks
     4. Most of all, it's dandruff free
     The weird thing about having a shaved head is that when I shower the water splashed down quickly without any resistance, my head is hydrodynamic.
      Secondly, it feels like Velcro, blankets, pillow cases, stick to the head when I get up in the morning. 
     PAN DE SAL- I avoid processed carbs as much as possible to help maintain my weight. It is the culprit for gain weight because it is sugar. Bread is a double whammy because it contains both processed white carbs and processed sugar. They cause insulin resistance. 
     Anyway, I just eat and stopped thinking about this weight management thing for a while. I need all the little enjoyment I could find in this boring time.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...