Sunday, March 15, 2020

Day 1 (Community Quarantine)


      The Cainta check point is in place at the Estrella (Ricarte) boundary.  I see policemen, a pair of armed AFP personnels and traffic enforcers. 
     Motorists can help speed up the process by preparing their documents on hand ready to present for checking by the authorities. 
     The community quarantine in MM and Cainta is very porous and a lot of infected people may have passed through the precautions in place. There are cases being reported in the provinces especially in CALABARZON. Other LGUs must not wait for breakouts in their locality to act and must start their own community quarantine sans reported cases because the probability of an unreported case is very high, a certainty.
    To avoid the hassle of being stopped on my motorcycle,  I walk my way to a bank in Taytay to withdraw cash. This is a Sunday and the town proper should be teeming  with people from church goers, shoppers, to promenaders. It is evident from the less number of people in the area that they are mindful of the precautions especially social distancing that are suggested by the authorities.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...