Friday, March 20, 2020

Day 6 (Community Quarantine)


    PLASTIC- I withdraw cash from my daughter's account (she is chipping in with the expenses) and the idea of touching the keypad of the atm gives me nightmare. Shall I spray the buttons with alcohol and run the risk of short circuiting the machine and may be even igniting it? So the best solution is to wear disposable gloves, but since I do not have any, a small plastic bag will do. 
     I laugh when I see memes of a Chinese wearing plastic bag over her heads while doing grocery. Now that the virus is rampaging in the country (and  China has flattened the curve), I don't see the humor in it anymore.
     Paranoia and hypochondria is a bad combination.
     RELATIVISM- I overhear two vendors talking about the strict quarantine enforced in Cainta and Pasig. They are asked to present IDs, business permit, etc. before they can pass through the border.  Then one of the vendors boasts that he has a nephew in Ricarte, Cainta and that he and his crew are just shooed in every time his relative is on duty. He can be just bragging for all I know. The check point is manned by people from the different services making his story implausible. 
     But it is good that Pasig is enforcing its own check point becuase those who pass unchecked in Cainta are double checked in Pasig. Pinoys will always favor family. It is both a strength and a weakness in our culture.
     The virus does not exempt relatives. 
    FINALLY- The Taytay LGU is now moving. I see municipal personnels strategically positioned in the down town area. Their mere presence is reassuring, at least to me.
    The habal-habal riders that have established a station at the front of the Taytay Doctors Hospital are warned and then dispersed by the traffic group people.
    TRASH- Since Cainta has enforced a strict check point, the trash that is disposed of in the Cainta side of the border is now collecting in the Taytay side. Taytay has no check point to control the people going and out so any body can just throw their garbage where they see a pile of it.
    PRAYING- People stop to pray at the chapel. I guess in times like this, faith overcomes.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...