Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Day 3 (Enhanced Community Quarantine)


      There are still few jeepneys going north to Cainta from the south. I don't know how they are able to pass through Taytay unchecked despite the Luzon wide ban on mass transport. 

     There is a Cainta traffic enforcer deep into Taytay teritory reminding PUJs of the mass transport ban. It is disconcerting because there are Taytay traffic enforcers in the area and it looks like they are unaware or unconcerned about the new pronouncements made by the government.
  
 I guess the Cainta enforcer have taken the initiative to lessen the vehicle pile up at the check point.

    I walk to the old Taytay market to see if there are signs of the tightening of food supply but the old public market, groceries, stores and sidewalk vendors are teeming with activities and there seem to be no sign of any slow down or disruption in the supply chain especially in the agricultural food produce.
     Social distancing is against the Filipino nature. Arriving home from my walk, I see neighbors clumped together talking, laughing, and slapping each other on their way to buy food. The good thing is that they are wearing surgical mask. Or is it?
(Exercise is medicine. Walk to the market and do two things at once.😊)

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...