Tuesday, August 09, 2011

SOS and Marbles



                                                                                                    
It was lunch break and I was curious what the girls in the grade VI section 6 was doing, so I had a look. I was surprised to find out that these girls were playing SOS. SOS is like tic-tac-toe but instead of using x’s and o’s, the players use s and o. The big difference is that SoS is played using a grid thus the game can go on for hours. I thought this game was already made extinct by computer games, but still it is being played with enthusiasm by boys and girls.

 I used to play this game with my classmates when I was in elementary school. This game was so addicting then that we even played this at home.

Another game I used to enjoy was the Spin a Win which was named after a famous Sunday noontime game show then. The mechanics of the game is similar to that of Hangaroo. We also played FLAMES and guess the letter.

 Memories came flooding back of how my classmates and I used to pass idle time in school through paper and pencil games.




I spotted these pupils playing marbles. They looked at me expecting something bad maybe a confiscation of their marbles, but I smiled and told them to continue playing. When I was in grade school, my friends and I used to play marbles in the school too, but we kept our eyes open because the sirs confiscate our marbles, not only marbles but teks, tops and other toys too.

Of course now children can play games is  the school ground as long as it is after school. 

Looking at this children brings back a lot of childhood memories. 

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...