Sunday, August 14, 2011

Walking Stories


I brought along my new camera with me on my afternoon walk. Walking is the only exercise I enjoy because it's relaxing. therapeutic and it stimulates thinking, I think. I was thinking that maybe I would see something interesting that I could take pictures of. I felt like a kid with a new toy. Its not a fancy camera, just a simple aim and shoot kind.


This is interesting. I saw this group of people having a photo ops. I don't know if they knew that I was taking their picture because they were engrossed with their operation.  They even brought sets of costumes  (or is it wardrobe) along with them. Maybe they were doing a school project. The models change clothes inside the cramped tricycle.  I used the camera's zoom but it was not as good as a telephoto lens.


Do they really want to sell their house? I was asking myself when I saw this sign because it was too small to be seen and it was placed in a rather inconspicuous area.

This sign is strategically placed at the entrance gate of the subdivision where I take my afternoon walk. But what is Arnold selling?


Shade is very important especially in field work. Here the farmers can sit down for a while, smoke and talk about their crops.What is trash to most of us is useful to some.



This is an aratiles tree that attracts children and adults, too. Aratiles used to abound in the municipality, but since  there are few open places where they could grow; aratiles trees has become a rarity. Every afternoon, I see children hanging on its branches picking the sweet aratiles fruit. The tree is now dead. Someone has girdled it.


I don't know why would someone kill this tree, but I hope the guy sees that he did not only kill a tree; he also destroyed a playground.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...