Friday, June 29, 2007

Where is my river?


Where is my river?
What happened to my river?
Why are there no fishes in there?
Why so much garbage in there?

God, what happened to my river?

The little boy was looking at me while I was taking the picture. I don’t know what he was doing, he must be thinking of swimming. Children love waters and now that most of our rivers are fouled because of industry, poor sanitation and the lack of concern to the environment, this child will grow up deprived of the magnificence of God’s creations.

Chances are he will grow up polluted like his river.

Nature reflects God’s glory, power and magnificence. It is the most beautiful temple that one can worship in, and, in my country that temple is fast becoming a grave. No wonder then that more and more Filipinos are becoming indifferent to God.











No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...