Monday, June 11, 2007

Dishwashing

I hate dishwashing. I told my wife that I’m willing to wash our clothes, to polish our floor using coconut husk, to fix electrical problems, anything just don’t let me do the dishes. The reason, I don’t like to move after eating. After meals all I want to do is just sit down and sit down. My wife, ever the figure conscious, would stand for about an hour or so every after meal for fear of developing a bulging tummy. She would stand there in our living room walking a little bit here and there, she would glimpse in the mirror make a few turn and then stand again and a few simple glances in the mirror (she didn’t know that I was looking at her) and then stand again…she’s annoying to watch.

She would then look at me sitting and smiling the smile of a well fed man and then she would tell me, “Sangko! (That’s what they call me. It means younger older brother.) Don’t sit down immediately after eating. You must let the food settle in your stomach before sitting down! Look at your bulging tummy. You don’t look like that when I met you. Blah, blah, blah and blah…what’s the use of our afternoon walks if blah, blah, blah” I just smile the sweet smile of a well fed man.

That’s why I hate dishwashing; I don’t like to move after eating.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...