Monday, April 16, 2007

Summer Studies

I am at the Phil. Baptist Theological Seminary (http://pbts.net.ph/ ) doing my annual summer studies that my sister encouraged me to join four years ago, and that I have been doing on a regualr basis 'til the seminary awards me a doctorate in Summer Theology (a sub-subject of Systematic Theology. Nah, just kidding.) . Every summer the seminary offers subjects in theology, ministry, music, counselling and other church related studies to regular students, ministers and church workers. I find the subjects and the discussions and the questions and the mental acrobatics puzzling and challenging but most of all I find the studies wonderful because they only point to one thing (or three things) : the majesty, mystery, and the grace of God.









One theologian describes theology as not the study of God but the study of man studying God.
He's right.
(I think the guy is Tillich.)

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...