Friday, April 20, 2007

The most difficult verse in the Bible

As we progressed in our discussion of the book of Corinthians, I came across what I think is the most difficult and problematic verse in the Bible. It is difficult not because it is difficult to understand, it is difficult not because it is profound and it is difficult not because it is difficult, it is simply difficult because, well, it’s difficult and it’s a problematic verse because I think most will agree that this is problematic verse. The verse is 1 Corinthians 4:16, “Therefore I urge you to imitate me”. If this is not the most difficult and problematic verse in the Bible, I don’t know what is.

I mean…I know it was Paul who said this, but...I won't dare say this behind the pulpit. Of course that's me, and I don't have pulpit...he, he, he. And I will bet my two pesos that not all pastors can say this behind the pulpit with a straigh face.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...