Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Pampams


Our dog Shan Cai gave birth to four puppies. I gave away two, one died and one got lost. My daughter loves the puppies, and she was forlorn when she learned that none will be left for us. I told her that we already have three dogs, and their hairs is making me sneeze--their hair are trigerring my allergies.

She was on her way back home when she found our lost puppy. She found the puppy being kicked by our neighbors kid. She was emotional when she told me what happened.

I christened the puppy Pampams.

One day while I was watering the plants, Pampams suddenly dropped on all fours and crawled like a reptile on our concrete pathway. I was puzzled and so was my daughter and our neighbor. Pampams was crawling, and it looked like that she lost control of her front limbs. I was thinking of polio, or muscular atrophy or something like that. Then to make things more strange, Pam was bobbing her head up and down while crawling. Now, this could be distemper or worse, rabies. Then all of a sudden she ran, then crawled while bobbing her head, jumped to the left and then to right, then ran, then crawled, then...we were laughing. Finally, we figured it out; Pampams was just scratching her tommy on the pathway. She's one smart puppy.





My sister in law lent us her digital camera. I was in school and left the camera on the table. My daughter was smiling when I came home. I checked the digicam, and this is one of the picture in there. Pampams was on our matress! My daughter knew that it is house policy that no dogs is allowed inside the house.



My daughter with Pampam, how many times I pleaded with my daughter to dispose (give away) Pampam, but she's adamant.


Now, I have grown to love the puppy too. But together with our three dogs, their hair...is killing me. Hacchooo! Benadryl!



No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...