Monday, January 22, 2007

Students

In my school uniform, I was walking my seven year daughter to her school when she suddenly asked me what I want to be when I grow up. She had asked me this often enough, and I always told her that I’m already grown. But this time with both of us in our school uniforms and both on our way to school, her question made me think about lost opportunities.

What do I want to be when I grow up?

Hmmmm….

What do I want my daughter to want to be when she grows up?

It must be a strange sight to see father and daughter walking while holding hands, both in their school uniforms. The father carrying the daughter’s “Barbie back pack” while the daughter carrying the father’s binder notebook both on their way to school.

I don’t know what my wife thinks, but it must be strange trying to prepare school stuffs for both husband and daughter. It must be strange for my wife to accompany both husband and daughter on their educational trips. It must strange for my wife to entertain both her husband and her daughter’s classmates.

I mean…it must be strange for her to live with me—an old college student.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...