Thursday, January 25, 2007

asthma

My asthma woke from its annual hibernation and attacked me with a vengeance. I was bedridden for two days because of head aches, nasal congestions, fever, conjunctivitis, itchy ears, and all the other symptoms of respiratory allergies. This has been an annual event for me ever since I can remember. The symptoms usually appear at the end of the cool Christmas season and at the entrance of the hot, dusty summer season. We have no air-conditioning so I have no choice but to weather the attack.

For two days that I was absent from school, I read books and watched a movie.
I watched “To Kill a Mocking Bird” starring Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch and Mary Badham as Scout Finch. The movie is beautiful adaptation of Harper Lee’s novel.
I read Nietzsche’s “Genealogy of Morals”. For someone not exposed to this kind of literatures it’s a good read. (Filipino’s are not philosophical people. Our language is not suited for highly conceptual subject like philosophy and for people who used English as a second language reading philosophy is like reading…hieroglyphics.)

The Dawn Treader. I enjoyed the reading this C.S. Lewis’ classics. I finished it in one sitting. I am trying to read Lewis’ “That Hideous Strength” and up to now I can’t get past page 4.

I’m currently reading “Cradle” by Arthur C. Clarke and Gentry Lee.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...