Monday, January 08, 2007

parenthesis

I love walking because when I walk I see a lot of things and when I see a lot of things, I think and when I think I have many thoughts. Many thoughts in fact (a lot of them) that I had to control myself lest I drown in them.

I was walking and I saw this wild flower and suddenly I had the urge to talk (I can’t write, what I do is talk) about them (of course, I saw birds too and someone in my head told me: look at the birds ain’t them grand but I must write about the wild flowers first). The flowers (look! a mangy puppy, it’s pitiful how many dog owners just leave these unsightly pitiful puppy on the roads to let them die) are lovely especially the small ones that looks just like a miniature (kittens too, my gulay, why do they leave these animals alone to die) sunflower. Not, only are they beautiful but there’s also that (a stone, a beautiful stone, maybe I should talk about stones sometimes) (where amI?) (flowers?) sense of naturalness in finding flowers at their natural, wild setting (the clouds, what about the clouds) …I better stop, too many things…no focus…(I can’t) I can’t focus because there are too many (no, only two, hey! How about me, flowers remember? Stone, remember? Birds, remember? Clouds too, remember?)…confusing?! (hey, guys in my head I need to focus, see, I’m doing something)…(what do you mean?)…The flowers…

It’s difficult to keep my focus (no, it’s not, yes it is) when there’s many things that you want (flower, remember, bird, remember? Stone or rocks, remember? Clouds…) talk about (and there are many voices in your head suggesting things)…should I use parenthesis (no, you can use commas)…why don’t you consult your grammar book…(I need coffee)…

So, the committee in my head continues to discuss things while I try to organize them…very difficult I should say. (no!, nada! Ciao….ang kulit nyo!)

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...