Tuesday, January 03, 2012

First day...





First day of work and my day of firsts…

I reported to work late, still reeling from vacation. The first person I saw at the office was Ate Annie, the school’s all around girl (I mean she does it all).

When I was parking my motorcycle, the first class to greet me was grade VI-section 6. (Or was it section 3?)

The first thing grade chairman told me was that she has something that needs my attention, the school publication. Of course, she greeted me Happy New Year first.

Upon opening my room and seeing the dirty plates and glasses and all the junk scattered that were still hold over from last year’s, signs of a teacher leaving his classroom in hurry for the Christmas vacation, the first I thing I did was to open my (not really mine but since it was on my table, allow me to call it “mine”) computer and check my FB status. Well, superstitions be believed, this meant that I would be an FB addict for a year.

I was told that the Master Teacher in charge of checking the records was asking for my rating sheet. My gulay, why did I not do it last year?!

There were few pupils and some teachers were still absent. They were, maybe, be still on holiday mode.

I will be checking my lesson plans now, that is, if I can find it.

2 comments:

Jayred said...

Dirty plates and glasses plus junk from last year's? Eeeew. :)

Have a great 2012, George!

George C. dela Paz said...

thanks jay ann :-)

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...