Monday, January 16, 2012

Musings about the test




The school was done conducting the reading inventory last week, and I hope we will achieve better results compared to last year’s. This week, we will be conducting the third quarter examinations. Time flies so fast and a few weeks from now, the school year will be over. Anyway…

The thing about tests is that they are also indicators of the teachers’ performance. So, when the results are announced and comparisons made, the subject area and the grade level that performed poorly are put in a…hmmm…rather uncomfortable situation. There are a lot of hecklings and alibis and promises to do better….

 Last year, when  the rankings from the grade level performance to the school’s performance versus the other schools from the district, we did quite poorly.

Anyway, the year is ending and I hope I do better this year than last year’s, if not…hmmm…I may end up sweeping the schoolyard.


No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...