Friday, July 13, 2007

Monday

This is one of those when all I want to do is leap and fly. No, I’m not into drugs but sometimes I have this feeling of just wanting to leap and fly. No, I’m not into drugs; this is just of those days when I feel like leaping and flying. No, I’m not being redundant, but this is one of those days that I felt like I want to fly. No, I’m not into drugs; it’s just one of those days.

I want to fly. I want to do something but I can’t; I feel like a catatonic cat. Now why is that?

It’s Monday and it’s cloudy.

----------------------------------------------------------

I was looking at my instructor’s grammar book and I read this passage about writing.

“As a writer, you will never be judged by your private vision, only the part of it which shows on paper. It is a mistake for writers to sit around admiring their mental processes, their extraordinary insights, their captivating ideas. Readers are not sitting around in such admiring state. Their demand is “show me,” and they are justified in their insistence…

…..Men and women are first of all interested in themselves…”

–Complete Freshman English Textbook, Shaw.

So true…I’m speaking for myself of course.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...