Friday, March 09, 2007

Walk Talk

Walk Talk


I was walking our Labrador Retriever Tamia at the unfinished subdivision (not ours) where I usually take my afternoon walks when a lady approached me and asked: “Is that yours?” It’s a stupid question, really. It was obvious that Tamia is mine (we’ll he belongs to my brother but at that time that the dog is with me, technically she’s mine). “Yes,” she’s mine; I smiled. “Oooohhh, I’m sorry. I thought that that was a goat.” She said. I didn’t know if I would be offended. But when I looked behind me, sure enough, there were a lot of black goats eating grasses, and they do look as big as Tamia. People here are still not used to seeing large dogs, especially big and shiny midnight black dogs. There’s that folk belief that nightcreepers called aswangs transform into big black dogs, hence, the common folk are scared of them.

Tamia scares a lot of people but Labrador Retrievers are the friendliest dogs in the world.


It is summer and the days are getting longer and the moon getting brighter. It’s getting breezy and in a few days there will sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, grandmothers and grandfathers flying kites. I don’t know if I can still remember how to make those big kites we call “gurion.” Since the squatters invaded and killed our “bukid”, my skill in kite making died with our “bukid” (rice paddies).

People are starting to plant vegetables on the vacant lots.

I missed my mountain bike. Nothing beats biking not even motorcycling.

I was looking at a kitten that found shelter in a concrete pipe. And the hymn “Rock of Ages cleft for me” kept playing in my head. Every time I passed by the kitten, it was in there safe and secure, looking at me.

Its summer and I hope I will be able to go to the Seminary in Baguio for the summer institute to study a little theology and take a long needed rest from the summer heat and asthma.

I’m planning to increase the dosage of my walking and then start implementing my long planned water therapy to cleanse my body of all that junk foods and antihistamines and decongestant residues and maybe even lose some weight. Of course, this will require not only will power but also exorcism.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...