Monday, March 12, 2007

Mothers

When my mother heard the news that I had a motorcycle accident, she called and did her duty as a caring mother--she gave me her trademark litany. I put the celphone on speaker phone. My wife, daughter and I listened while my mother gave her lectures on the dangers of motorcycling. When she found out that I my drivers license is two years expired, she also preached on the duties and responsibilities of good Christian living on this earth.

Reminds me of screamers in Harry Potter novels.

My wife was smiling because I'm already 35 years old and my mother is still acting like a mother. Well, that's what mother's do.

I remember when I was still a drinker. There were days when I would see my mother following me whenever I would go to my buddies' place to drink. My mother would be looking after me, and if she thinks that I'm in good company she'll leave; but, if she thinks I'm in bad company, she'll take a peek at me once in a while.

Mothers are true guardian angels.

My mother and my siblings and my churchmates 14 years of prayer finally paid off. I am now a church deacon.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...