Saturday, November 25, 2006

Punch

A couple of weeks ago, I was punched on the head by a drunk. And this morning while staring at the computer, I heard a viodeoke machine blasting from our backyard. I was thinking, “My gulay, there they go again drinking at our backyard and when they are drunk, they will make trouble, and there is a possibility that I will be punched on the head again.” Enough! I was red in the face and fuming. If I didn’t stop them now while they were sober and sane I will never be able to, or if I did it later when they are already drunk and insane, there’s a possibility that I could be punched on the head again!

I went to our backyard and calmly but forcefully ask, “Whose occasion is this?” They were quiet for they know, boy, they know, they know, that I have a history of madness too. I can run amok too. They were silent. I came back and asked again, “don’t ever, ever let the guy who punched me on the head drink here or else I will do to him what he did to me and my wife.” I mean, the guy not only punched me on the head but he also berated my wife in front of my daughter. I learned about this only later and this changed things.

After a few minutes a little lady came to our house, “kuya birthday ko lang po.” She is my nice neighbor. “Owwww, sorry, I thought you’re…eniway use our backyard, no problem, just don’t let that guy who punched me on the head…”

I was mad. But I have no right to be, because I punched a lot of people too.
I accepted the punch and was philosophical about it…
But why would he berate my wife…
I mean…..
I moan…..
I moon…
Relax.

This morning the guy and I had a confrontation. It ended with a drama. I thought that we're going to end fist fighting but things got calmed and his wife cried,…all’s well that ends well never mind the punch.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...