Sunday, November 26, 2006

Beware of dogs

My younger brother and I put a “Beware of Dogs” sign on our gate to discourage gate crashers and to prevent people from being bitten by our dogs, or vice versa.

This morning my neighbor called me to tell that someone came asking if our dogs were for sale. She was laughing while telling me this news. I was puzzled because selling our dogs was the farthest thing from my or my brother’s mind. And why was she laughing?
When I came out of the gate, another neighbor asked me if I had already sold the dogs. I am puzzled at this selling of the dog business and the way my neighbor laughed when I’m told about this selling the dog business also. Something’s fishy and I can’t tell what.

Maybe because it was too early and my braincells’ still asleep, it was a few hours later that the realization came to me.

“Beware of Dogs”

The man thought that we are selling the dogs because….he thought we’re advertising them. I don’t if I will laugh or cry, but my neighbors think it was so funny that up to now they’re still asking if I already sold the dog.

Ang layo naman ng “Beware of Dogs” sa “Dogs for sale.”

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...