Friday, November 10, 2006

Reading Heavy Stuff

On reading theology and philosophy:

It’s like crossing a winding rope bridge. Once you’re on the first rung you felt sure footed, like you know you know where you’re going. Then when you’ve moved to the fourth to fifth wrung, you looked back to find that the rungs behind you are disappearing, their falling into the abyss that you’re trying to cross. Then when you reached the other side, you looked back to find how much you have crossed, only to find that the bridge behind you disappeared, and that the other side you think you’ve crossed was really the first rung you stepped on earlier where you felt you know that you know where you’re going.


I mean, the only thing I can remember is the first sentence, the title, and the author’s name the rest is … as they say, forgotten history. If they only spiced them up with a few action verbs and colorful adjectives…

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...