Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Princess and I, Jessica

I saw the premiere telecast of the much hyped and promoted channel 2's new teledrama Princess and I. The plot was about err...if you read Snow White errr...I mean Cinderella... you got the plot. Anyway, the series was set in Bhutan and its understandable, for authenticity, that Filipino actors playing the Bhutanese characters to speak Bhutanese but  ...hmmm...it felt weird seeing Filipino actors speaking foreign tongue being subtitled in Filipino. Anyway, I hated Gretchen Barreto; she's evil, only meant she's a good actor because she was able to make me hate her character in the series.


My gut tells me that Jessica Sanchez, half Filipino half Mexican who tells the world that she is a Mexican and not a Filipino but the Filipinos, for the sake of being Filipino, claims that Jessica is a Filipino and not a Mexican...anyway, my prediction is that she will not make it. Ninety-nine percent of the people that vote for American Idol wannabes are teenage girls. Teenage girls vote cute guys. Of course, being a patriotic and nationalisitc Filipino, I am praying and hoping and wishing that this Mexican-American girl wins the crown.


No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...