Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Blah, blah, back home and back to work

Maybe the reason why I hate paperwork is that  I am simply a lazy and disorganized human being. Reported to work greeted by my grade leader (a very nice human being who I have nothing against with) with lots of forms to fill up: SALN, Clearances, Mean Profile Results. I am lucky I have no advisory class becuase otherwise, I would be neck deep in paperwork.


Back home after a three-day vacation in the province. Although I went home with a little cough and shortness of breathing, a premonition of an asthma attack, maybe because of the stress of travel and lack of sleep, I mean, my in-law’s house could not accommodate all of us, so, mostly it was the kids who slept well because of exhaustion from the swimming, but for an asthmatic like who could not sleep without an electric fans, I had no choice but to sleep on a sofa in the porch so that I could have ventilation. But despite the lack of sleep, I love going to the province because I really enjoy being with family and I really enjoy the place.

Next year, it was planned that the reunion would be held in Cainta to the violent and vehement protests of the children. Personally, I would rather have it held in the province forever. But well see…

________________________

Reported back to work a little evasive of the boss. Anyway, I am always evasive of the boss. I have never outgrown my fear of principals even now that I am already a teacher; I think I have grown more afraid of principals since becoming one. So, I sneaked into the office to log my time and there she was standing. I smiled an uneasy smile and greeted her good morning. She smiled back and told me I missed the fun of the school team building. Yea, I was a little afraid that she would give me the pulpit for not participating in the team building, but I had valid reason that I have informed my grade leader about—the reunion, remember. 

Anyway, she did not sermonize or anything; she was nice to me today. I mean, she was nice always, but sometimes administrative duties could be so stressful that I understood why sometimes bosses had to be a little rough or something.
____________________

My grade leader handed me forms and I was shocked to find out (busy with graduation, remember)  that I had not accomplished the mean profile report for the 4th grading period for MSEP. Now, I was looking for the MSEP teachers for their reports so that I could consolidate it; I could not find them.  It's summer you …fill in the blank...

I mean, really, this paper work thing is not in me …

I’m waiting for the reports to come but I think it would not come…

Oh, yes...it arrived.

I was handed my SALN (Statement of Assets, Liabilities and Network). I was tempted to tear the whole thing a la Andres Bonifacio to protest the seemingly insulting form handed to us poor teachers knowing that most of us have no assets and net worth to speak of; we are always in debt you...go after the justices, senators, congressmen etc.


Blah, blah, blah, blah....





No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...