Saturday, April 28, 2012

Cowboys and Aliens, American Idol Tra-la-la

One may be confused by my last post, but be not: I saw Battleship and Cowboys and Aliens (bootleg and downloaded of course) and I fused them into one sort of a criticism to save bytes. Battleship was one visually good movie but the story was starchy-corny while Cowboys and Aliens was one veerrryyy long movie about alien gold prospectors--2 hours for that crap....the movie gave me sore eyes. Why did Harrison Ford...really...two hours for that story! Really its more like Twilight Zone episode that was stretched too long. For what? Indulgence...



________________________




I could be wrong and I want to be wrong! Jessica Sanchez made it into the top 5, and the guy that I thought teen-age girls would vote to be this year's American Idol, the guy with the weird hair, Colton Something was eliminated. I think the judges' drama (of course my gut kept telling me it was a staged drama or something) paid off: the climbing into the stage and saving Jessica made the voters realize that the search was about talent and not about hmmm...face value. (It's so hot today that my butt was sweating.) 

But...butt...my man is Joshua Ledet. I have nothing against Jessica, I mean she's Filipino and whether a person or any creature has 100% Filipino blood or .000000001% Filipino blood, Filipinos are supposed to root for them. I mean, this is our way of showing our love for our country and our race and our nationalism and our hopelessness. Just look at our national football team. Anyway...Jessica's style is too diva and too predictable: heard one, heard em all.

But there's something about black musicians and singers; They have this hmmmm....unexplainable something, pain, or persecution, or this primal energy or emotions of some sort that wants to come out. Listen to Joshua sing a Percy Sledge song "When a man loves a woman." (This song is not a Michael Bolton song!) so you may have an idea what I'm talking about.




I was disappointed to find out that Elise Testone was eliminated. 


Elise's performance of Led Zep's "Whollata Lovin" was the best rock performance. I mean, she rocked!



Here she performed a Jimi Hendrix classic "Bold as Love. I have to say that Hendrix' songs were not meant to be contest pieces for American Idol or any of that cheezy-corny talent stuff. Hendrix's songs were meant to be performed with the guitar and most of them told something of a confused-hallucegenic-melancholic emotions, but Elise's impressive vocalizations of Hendrix' power (which was for vocally challenged Hendrix expressed through his guitar playing) drove home the point (whatever that is). Anyway, she's too rough or too rock for AI. I was hoping that Dave Mathews clone Phillip Phillips would be eliminated because he was not that good vocally and performance wise. 



__________________________

I am giving Showtime till the end of the quarter. The hosts are starting to sound like broken records.

Anyway...am supposed to prepare a sermon for tomorrow. Ciao!

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...