Friday, September 02, 2011

Division Press Con




Today, I had a boring job of being an audio and a powerpoint man at the division presscon seminars in Filipino for both the elementary and the secondary schools.

I was forced to listen to boring lectures about writing, cartooning, and other campus journalism stuff that I think the students, teachers or insects were not even interested in. (Of course, I am speaking from a technician's point of view.) It was not because the speakers were boring, it's because these lectures were just repetitions of previous journ lectures done in the school and the district level where I was also a technician cum lecturer. 

On the other hand , I could feel the tension among the student participants. (I even saw some of them making the sign of the cross and praying. ) They were vying to win in the competition so that they could go up the next level , the regional presscon which, according to the proctor, will be held in Lucena City, Quezon Province. 

I felt my age when I saw some of my elementary and high school teachers here at the division presscon. One is now a principal in our district and the others are master teachers.One of them was even my older siblings' teacher. I smiled and greeted them and maybe they were, too, must be surprised to find me here as a teacher.
They are really old now. 

This is getting boring; I am typing as I wait for the next discussant.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...