Monday, September 26, 2011

Class Observation/Rainy Day




This morning our classes were observed by the different principals from the district. For us teachers, the mere mention of “class observation” is enough to send chills to the best of us except (maybe) the master teachers who have been teaching in the school for three or more decades. To tell the truth, I noticed that the observer-principals did not check on the master teachers’ classes instead they observed us, the new and the (relatively) young teachers in the school. This was understandable because these master teachers have more teaching experience than most of the principals.

After the observation, the post observation conference was held where the observer made comments and suggestion on how we could improve the execution of our lessons. The principal who observed me were surprised to find that I listed only one objective to my lesson. I found out that I was supposed to list four namely the cognitive, psychomotor, behavioral and valuing. I knew I was to list for but…hmm…why did I list just one this morning… Anyway, I have included, I think, all these skills objectives in the lesson but primarily the class did a lot of round song singing so it’s a psycho-motor thing...

Anyway, advice and comments from the top are always relevant and very much appreciated.

______________________________________


It has been raining since morning and I see no sign of the rain abating. DepEd NCR has already suspended classes in the metro. Though the national capital region was not under any storm signal, the regional director deemed it prudent to suspend classes because of fear of flooding in the metro. I was expecting that DepEd Rizal would follow suit, but it did not. Anyway, as a rule suspension of classes mean make up classes on weekends, so, we’re better off, anyway.  

Today is Ondoy's anniversary.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...