Monday, September 12, 2011

Meanderings...

Missed the pulpit and I thank God that I was able to preach in the church yesterday, it has been months, due to a busy schedule, since I last spoke in the church.

___________________________________


I felt sorry for my co-teacher whose classroom was broken in by thieves. She lost a TV, a DVD player and her computer’s speaker system that she uses as teaching aids. The thieves also vandalized her classroom by splattering the wall with black paint.

My co-teachers and I could only shake our heads in disbelief. This was not the first time a classroom was broken in. There were other incidents especially in the ground floor of the building. The thieves seemed to know which rooms could easily be broken in and which room contained things of value.

I hope the local government especially the barangay would do something about it.

_________________________________________

I watched the TV special about the 9/11 terrorist attack in Manhattan and seeing the 100 minute footage made me shiver especially seeing people jumping off the building to die an instant death rather than die a slow and painful death of being burned alive.

The bravery of the firefighters and military officers who entered the building to rescue people without thinking of the danger to their own lives showed that in face of tragedy there are still people who would risk and die to save others.

Ten years after the tragedy, I hope the terrorists would see that what they are doing would only unite nations against them and whatever it is they are fighting for, their method would only backfire on them.



No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...